Your Ad Here

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pulling An All-Nighter

I was there! at the 60 hour party in 1986 for Captain Eo's premiere and again in 1987 when Star Tours opened at Disneyland. I remember lots of people sleeping on benches and a long line that stretched down to Main Street. I even still have my Captain Eo t-shirt given out to everyone who attended the party.

Disney announced early this morning that they will be holding a similar event at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom on Feb 29th from 6am through March 1st at 6am. This time it's only 24 hours and not three days, but it's the same concept.

I must admit that I am intrigued over the idea of being at Disneyland and perhaps riding the Haunted Mansion at 3 in the morning. As for staying the full 24 hours, forget it. For me, it would likely end up causing an aversion to the park that could last for weeks. I'm not gonna take the chance.

1 comment:

chell said...

I think we should go! We should do something crazy like ask for the day off the next day and have fun! Date night!!!